BioChar is a carbon-rich and charcoal-like substance produced through the process of pyrolysis, the burning of organic material in a low oxygen environment. It is both sterile and stable and is often crushed or ground to make a fine powder.
BioChar has a wide range of applications for soil, worm farms, carbon sequestration, water filtration, as a renewable fuel and more. Biochar is an excellent addition to your worm bin as a worm bedding amendment.
We proudly sell CHAR+TM BioChar which is created 100% from wood (including ash and moisture).
Activated BioChar is highly regarded as a valuable slow release soil amendment that has a wide range of benefits:
- Has ability to increase exponentially the surface area available for microbial life
- Has ability to house, store and supply nutrients, water and air
- Has negative electric charge on surface that attracts and retains nutrients like nitrogen, phosphorus and calcium, BioChar is like a protective habitat
- Increases soil fertility and encourages microbial activity
- Increases water retention
- Increase pH and mitigates some of the heavy metal toxicity in soil
- Increases plant growth
- Reduces fertilizer use
- Used as a tool in carbon sequestration
You will also receive a printed Product Information Card detailing the description and uses of BioChar as a worm bedding amendment and as a soil amendment.
Made in Canada!
Join the Composter's Club
Get composting tips and tricks delivered straight to your inbox. You will also receive a free copy of our worm care guide and a $5.00 coupon good towards your first purchase!